This one’s a little different to my usual travel content, but given the circumstances at the moment I thought I’d branch out a little on the blog! If you know me at all, then you’ll know that aside from my love of travel, I have a huge passion for FOOD!
I’ve been attempting to bake something each week during lockdown and this is by far the best recipe I’ve discovered (and tweaked a bit myself)…
250g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
250g brown sugar
75g white caster sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
Bag of magic stars (or choc chips/other choc sweets of choice) approx. 100g
1. Preheat oven to 165°C.
2. Cream both sugars and butter together in a mixing bowl.
3. Add egg, yolk and vanilla extract. To extract just the yolk, crack the egg in half and scoop the yolk from one half of the shell to the other, allowing the white to spill out into a mug, and leaving the yolk on its own in the shell.
4. Sift in flour, bicarbonate of soda and magic stars.
5. Roll mixture into golf ball sized balls and press down slightly on a greased tray 3 inches apart. The mixture should make about 20 cookies.
6. Cook for 15-17 mins (until they’re still a bit squishy in the middle but crispy on the edges).
7. Try not to devour them all in one go!!!